FAQ and Policies
Have Questions? We Have Answers!
The safety of our Dancers & Staff is of the utmost priority here at Van De Veere Productions, listed below are the new procedures we will be utilizing going forward. We are thrilled to be back, and have taken many new rules into play!
DANCERS ARRIVING AND DURING CLASS! WELCOME BACK!
Please wear a mask at all times. Dancers will proceed to wash their hands and sanitize. Please bring sanitizer and a water bottle to class.
We love you!
Only Students, Staff & Teachers will be allowed in the studio. There will be no parents allowed to observe, due to room limitations.
Ballet barres if used during class, will be wiped down between each class.
All high touch areas will be wiped down in between classes.
We will have extra masks and sanitizer, but please provide your own.
WHEN NOT TO COME TO CLASS…..
Any dancer who has felt ill or had a temperature (100.4 or higher) 24-48 hours before their class. (Fever, coughing, sneezing, runny nose)
Any dancer or family member who has been potentially exposed to COVID-19, needs to stay home for a MINIMUM of 2 weeks before you will be allowed to attend classes again.
Anyone who feels they cannot comply to all procedures or if you do not feel comfortable coming into the studio for ANY reason.
THANK YOU AND WE HOPE WE CAN SEE YOU IN PERSON OR ON ZOOM THIS FALL!
MISS KATHLEEN, MISS TAWNYA, THE VDV TEACHERS AND STAFF
Ballet and Pointe
* Pink leather ballet shoes (Bloch Prolite II – S0208), ballet pink tights, black leotard, and optional ballet skirt
* Hair in a bun
* Pink leather ballet shoes, ballet pink tights and leotard/skirt in any color (black is preferred)
* Hair pulled back off the face
* Sweatpants, t-shirts, hoodies, hats, get into character!
* Sneakers worn only at dance studio; no outside shoes
* Hair pulled back off of face
* Tank tops, half tops, fitted t-shirts or leotards of any color. (Leotards and fitted dance shorts are preferred)
* Pirouette turning shoes (Capezio Turning Point 55 – H063 or Body Wrappers Lyrical Shoe – 620) for jazz/musical theater/lyrical/contemporary and tap shoes for tap
* Hair pulled back off the face
* Bare feet. Sport shorts or leggings. Tank tops, half tops, fitted t-shirts or leotards
* Hair pulled back off face
* Arrive five minutes early, dressed and prepared for class. Use the restroom before class, if needed.
* Bring dance shoes and a water bottle. Label shoes and attire.
* Wear proper shoes and attire for class. (For McMinnville, no street shoes allowed on studio floors.)
* Be respectful of teachers, parents and classmates.
* Store cell phones during class.
* Refrain from bringing gum into the studio.
* Feel free to drop off students.
* To provide a focused teaching environment; anyone watching classes should please practice silence and respect.
* If bringing other children, please keep them seated.
* Pick up dancers on time.
* Pay tuition on or before the first day of each session.
* Tuition is due by the first day of each session.
* Recital costume fees due on January 20th.
* Cash App
* Credit Card
VDV follows school district closures for inclement weather. If they are closed or close early, we will be closed. Any bad weather that occurs after school hours or Saturdays will be evaluated and emails will be sent out. All closing info will also be posted on our Facebook page.
The first two closure days per dance year will not be made up. Makeup classes for further closures will be announced once scheduled.
If an instructor is ill, VDV will attempt to find a sub for the day, which could include an advanced student teacher. If no sub is found, classes will hold a make-up day.